Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Kitchen is what color?

My husband and I bought our dream home a little over 2 years ago.  With our dream home came some nightmares and a lot of work.  I'll be sharing some of our home projects in my blogging journey.  

Today's post is a before and after of our kitchen.  When we bought our home the color scheme was pale yellow, light blue, and pink (not mauve, Energize Bunny pink)!  The kitchen was pale yellow with blue Formica that even went up the walls.  It's a good thing we both have great imaginations or we may have run!


Kitchen Before Shots



I had been inspired to paint our kitchen black.  Anytime I told anyone that I wanted a black kitchen they looked at me horrified.  My lovely husband trusted my choice and said, "I never can envision your design, but when you are done it always looks good."  With that it was on to painting, with BLACK!

Goodbye yellow, hello BLACK!



Looking gradually better

Next step, tackle the lovely blue Formica on the walls and counters.  Let me just say how thankful I am for a strong, construction mind husband.

Ripping the Counter Tops Out

New Counter Tops!



 Here is a close up of the flooring!  Yikes!


The floor finished, love the offset grout lines!



Kitchen After (I'm in love!)

 

Here is a close up of the glass mosaic tile we used.  It is absolutely breath-taking and well worth the extra money!


More home projects to follow! I would have to say our kitchen is one of my most favorite places in our home and is oh so fabulous.


No comments:

Post a Comment