Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas in January

Yes, I know it's January and we just got done celebrating Christmas!  But I'm in the process of "de-Christmasing" my home and I just had to share a fun little way to make your tree even more fabulous...FEATHERS!  Here is an easy and cheap way to take your tree over the top.


Here's what you need:
  • Fabric/Craft Glue (I buy Fabri-Flex from Hobby Lobby $7.99)
  • Christmas bulbs
  • Feathers - to increase the amount of feathers I have in stock I buy feather boas from Hobby Lobby in different colors to pluck apart and use $6.99
Step 1:  Take the glue and your Christmas bulb and make strips of glue on the bulb.  It's easier to section the bulb off on each side, so you don't get the glue all over your fingers.
Step 2:  Take feathers and glue onto bulb, you can add as many as you like, just make sure you cover the bulb.  Do not cover the hook where you would hang the bulb.









Here's the finished product!  Your bulbs are ready to be hung on your tree!

 
 
Close up of feathers on the tree





My Christmas Tree for 2011 (it even won a Christmas Tree Contest)!



No comments:

Post a Comment